By Wycliffe Munyoki Friday May 5,2018
IEBC scheduled to hold by-elections in Kitui West Constituency on 26th March 2018.The sweet fell vacant following death of Hon. Francis Nyenze who passed on in December last year.
According to sources Nyenze succession battle will be among the followings:
1. *Edith Nyenze*- The widow of the late Hon. Francis Nyenze who was the immediate holder of the seat until his demise.
2. *Fredrick Kimanga* – Worked for County Govt. of Kitui as a Senior Officer. Kimanga headed the National Youth Movement at a tender age of 24 years and he also fought for the Second Liberation alongside former Chief Justice Willy Mutunga and current Wiper Chair Prof. Kivutha Kibwana
3. *Benjamin Musyoki*- A Nairobi based Lawyer and a former contestant in the Kitui county speaker’s contest who lost narrowly. He is also remembered for the presidential petition at the supreme court challenging jubilee’s victory after the October 2017 repeat elections.
4. *Robert mutiso Leli*- A professional who has been in the game for ten years now. He was the second after the late Nyenze in August 8, 2017 polls.
5. *Tonny Mbiti* -A business man in petroleum who came third in the August 8 race. It’s speculated he is too in the contest.
6. *Ben R.N. Mbai* – Renown financial consultant. He was a jubilee candidate and has been in the game for long. It’s rumoured he might be decamping Jubilee for another option in the forthcoming by-election.
7. *Dennis Mulwa* – He is said to be the youngest candidate. Tried his luck in the last elections.
8. *Maluki Kitili*- Son of first African Chief Justice Kitili Mwendwa. He is also son to Wiper luminary and former Women Rep. Nyiva Mwendwa who happens to Kitili’s wife.
9. *Benedict Mutiso* – A businessman based in Nairobi formerly working with KRA.
According to the gazette notice Political Parties are required to submit their list of candidates and the date of Party primary to the commission for proper planning!